We understand discussing money matters can be difficult and embarrassing, especially when you aren't sure if you can afford the treatment your pets may need. We make every attempt to approach the subject in an honest, straightforward manner. We encourage our clients to do the same. Prior to your pet's treatment, ask for an estimate if we haven't provided one already. Allow the doctor to perform his examination so an estimate can be created specifically for your pet. (Please understand that an accurate estimate cannot be give via telephone.)
If you believe you are going to have trouble paying the bill, please have the courtesy not to approach the veterinarian in the exam room about financial arrangements. Even if you are a current client who has done this in previous years, Dr. Selig has asked that he be removed from the financial conversation. To avoid disappointment or embarrassment, please honor his request. Although Dr. Selig is the owner of Northwood Hills Animal Hospital, he is also the doctor who will be caring for your pet. Your private request in the exam room puts the doctor in a difficult position and can create a conflict of interest. Instead of asking the veterinarian or technicians, ask to speak to the person in charge of billing. Currently, you may ask to speak to one of the receptionists.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill. We no longer accept
courtesy-held checks. If you have forgotten your wallet or checkbook we will gladly provide one day of daycare at no charge while you retrieve it from your home. Overnight
boarding will be billed at current prices based on the weight/species of your pet and nights spent in our clinic.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card. We require a copy of your government issued identification if you wish to pay using any method other than cash. Returned checks will incur a $40.00 returned check fee. If returned checks are not redeemed (paid) in 15 days, they are filed with the District Attorney's Worthless Check Unit for further collection.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Northwood Hills Animal Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites . . .